Ok so you spent all this time and quite possibly money on branding yourself, building your website and making your profiles. You have a good solid foundation set up now comes the hard part. How do you get people talking about you? Searching your name on the top search engines? Looking you up on social media? And best of all; following you!
Here are a few helpful tools that will get you noticed in the cyber world, promote your new brand, and bring in traffic and potential revenue.
- About.me – This site will be so helpful, you will set up a personal homepage that will be the central location that ties together all your websites such as personal and/or company websites, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and a blog.
- Social Mention – This handy tool will send alerts based on your keywords. It is basically a social media search engine, analyzing who is mentioning you and the importance of those mentions. It searches blogs, bookmarks, comments and videos anything that is user generated.
- Who’s Talkin? – This tool is similar to Social Mention it too alerts you to any mentions about you but it narrows the scope to only the ones that are important to you.
- NameChk – This tool will help you to determine if your brand name is available on a social network, helps secure your domain and won’t let anyone steal your name on social networks. It will let you know if your name/url is available on those networks.
- HootSuite – This tool allows you to manage and measure your presence on those social media sites all in one handy dashboard. You can manage multiple social media profiles, schedule messages and tweets, track mentions of your name and analyze social media traffic.
With more and more people using the internet for day to day tasks it is now important to have a cyber-presence and after spending so much time crafting and honing that presence make sure you use the right tools to get those people talking about you.